Disaster Preparedness & Management Program
The areas of Purba (East) Medinipur experiences flood during the rainy season that is in the month of June or July and also in the cultivating seasons that is in the month of October or November. The organization from its start of work has found disaster in its working areas because of cyclone or flood in Purba Medinipur. At this position the organization took its stances in providing relief on one side and on the other side helped the village people by sharing knowledge on disaster management.
Objective of the program are:
- To provide immediate emergency support to disaster affected people
- To educate the peoples on disaster preparedness for reduce their risk
- During this reporting year the organization has been implemented following activity with the collaboration of government & non- government institutions.
- Provided dry food, basic health hygiene kits to 1000 victimized people of 27 villages.
- 53 numbers of training has been organized by two block administration on school safety program at 53 government supported school & the organization has provided resources person for this program.